Substrate: Kitchen cupboards
Proper surface preparation is crucial to maximum finish performance. The durability of this product can be impaired by an unsound or poorly prepared surface. Surfaces must be clean, dry and sound before painting.
- Clean cupboards with specific degreaser cleaner. Extra cleaning around areas near hobs, handles and extractor hoods.
- Allow surface to dry.
- Sand well with a fine sandpaper to get a key on previous gloss/varnish.
- Remove dust.
- Remove handles where possible to allow for easier application.
Application of Primer:
- Apply one coat of appropriate primer.
The primer recommended will be dictated by the surface on which you are preparing. For high gloss, varnished, melamine, or laminate surfaces require an adhesion primer. For timber with knots, bleeding etc., a primer with blocking ability is essential.
Application of Undercoat:
- Apply one coat of Colourtrend Undercoat. This will create an even surface for the topcoat and can be tinted to any 4 of our foundation coat colours.
Note: Primers come in an oil, shellac or water base; all bases are suitable with Colourtrend Undercoat.
Application of Top coat:
Choose between Colourtrend Eggshell, Satin, or Gloss in your desired colour. For a tougher finish use Sustain Acrylic Top Coat (wb50)
- Can be applied with brush, roller or spray
- Apply one coat of chosen colour/finish
- Allow to dry (recoat in 6-8 hours depending on drying conditions)
- Apply second coat of chosen colour/finish
- Allow to dry
Note: Coating will achieve full adhesion in seven days.